Job Description – Beer Tender
Salt Lake City, UT
Grid City Beer Works is looking for a Beer Tender who can provide consistently exceptional hospitality and memorable experiences to our guests. Our beer Tenders have the ability to work independently, and collaboratively in large-team settings with finesse. All Beer Tenders perform guest services both behind the bar and table-side. Our Beer Tenders are passionate about our product, and actively engage in learning about each beer’s unique qualities in order to guide guests through our extensive menu of ever-changing offerings. our ideal candidate is exceptional at working in a dynamic, fast-paced and mentally & physically demanding taproom.
- Represent the Grid City Beer Works Company and brand proudly in our Brewery
- Engage and educate consumers on brewing process, craft beer culture and Grid City Beer Works brands
- Take food orders accurately and serve to guests
- Deliver a consistently high level of guest service
- High level of team communication skills
- Have a working knowledge of craft beer, specifically Grid City beers
- Be able to discuss the beers and food items with guests
- Check identification of guests in order to verify age 21
- Keep Brew Pub clean at all times.
- Maintain an accurate cash drawer or bank and be able to account for any and all discrepancies in the final tally
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Applicant must be 21 or over to apply
- Understanding of general restaurant operations
- Previous bartending experience preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills
- Ability to work days, nights or weekends, as required
- Ability to multi-task in a noisy and fast-paced, distraction-filled environment
- Keep immediate supervisor informed of all problems or significant matters, take corrective action when necessary
- Ensure all financial transactions are accurate, calculate and return appropriate change
- Move about facility and stand for extended periods of time
- Follow alcohol awareness procedures for preventing intoxication and dealing with intoxicated guests
- Experience with POS systems a plus: Toast
- Thorough knowledge of the brewing process, craft beer culture, and the beer industry is preferred
- Ability to lift up 75-100 pounds. Ability to crouch, bend, twist and stand for extended periods of time in Pub environment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must maintain current Food Handler’s Permit and TIPS and SIPS Certification.