Job Description – General Manager
Salt Lake City, UT
Do you have a passion for food, beer, and love working with people? Then you should send us your resume for our General Manager position. We are recruiting an energetic and hands-on General Manager for Grid City Beer Works located in the Salt Lake City, UT. This is an amazing management opportunity for a motivated individual that would like to put their stamp on the Salt Lake City food and beverage scene. The ideal candidate is long term who would like to grow within the organization and will be provided the opportunity to do so. Therefore, you must consistently embody the characteristics necessary to drive the Company’s Purpose, Vision, Values, and DNA. The General Manager is responsible for the brew pubs overall success of sales and profitability, people development, marketing, cleanliness and compliance. You will optimize profits by utilizing company systems and driving sales. You will develop reporting regularly to Senior Management, creating and maintaining a positive work environment, serving as a brand ambassador and coaching teams on best company practices, procedures and policies. You will accomplish company objectives by actively engaging in coaching and direction of other Shift Leads and employees on a daily basis.
- Oversee every aspect of the restaurant operations.
- Drives sales through excellent operations and marketing execution, controlling all aspects of profit and loss; ensuring the location operates within the established inventory levels, salary budgets (and other control lines), and gross profit margins to achieve maximum profitability.
- Ensures excellent guest service that meets or exceeds expectations.
- Ensures that the restaurant is adequately staffed to meet guest needs.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Responsible for all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties, completed accurately, on time and in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Manage all shifts, which include daily decision-making, staff support, scheduling and planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Enforcing safe work behaviors to maintain a safe environment for both guests and staff.
- Monitor daily activities to ensure quality food and cleanliness standards.
- Maintaining professional behavior while creating a warm, fun, friendly, and hospitable atmosphere.
The General Manager position requires someone with previous management experience (at least 2 years). Must be able to coach and mentor staff and establish a team culture within the restaurant. Must be able to communicate with people at different levels from owners to staff and be able to deliver a clear and consistent message. Proficiency with computers, Excel, Toast POS system and other Microsoft products are not a must but good to have. This position requires flexible schedule and availability to work any day/night shift.